Happy Chinese New Year of the Dog - Gong Xi Fa Cai



I am sometimes asked to paint commissions and they are usually pet requests. I do prefer to paint Motorbikes, cars, houses or even churches or venues people get married in, but pets are what I seem to be gravitating towards out of peoples love for their best furry friends. This week it was a jet black dog I met at the Emsworth craft fair which for the first time I excitedly participated in. With bags, T-shirts, and jewellery as well as artwork, doodles and prints I waited patiently at my stall. Sadly only sold a few Queen Elisabeth Aircraft carrier cards but I did get a commission which will at least pay for the table. 


So let me introduce you to Wellington. A lovely little dog with a sparkly bow tie and a sweetest and most affectionate persona you could want in a furry best friend. Black is quite a difficult colour to paint as there are so many different shades of it. I find adding a touch of blue helps deepen the colour where needed, or it just looks a bit grey. I'm hoping I have done this little chap justice. And its a perfect time to paint Wellington with it being Chinese New Year. 


With my focusing on my art over the past few weeks painting jewellery, Wellington and printing some of my favourite art onto bags, my eating habits have slipped. So today for breakfast its CADA. 


CADA

40g Coconut
1 Apple
2 Dates
4 Almonds

Pulse in a processor or Thermomix Turbo 0.5 seconds twice 
   Remember to scrape down sides each time

Serve it with yogurt (I usually use TOTAL 0º)
Or serve it naked (thats the breakfast NOT you, unless you are inclined to do so ha ha) 

Anyway its a very healthy way to start the day which is surprising as its so tasty!! 

So wishing you all a very Gong Xi Fa Cai to all those celebrating. I hope the coming year of the Dog is kind to you. Click here for some information on the Dog and the other 11 animals. 

Love and Light peeps
dbee x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review