Prep for the Market, Exhibition and Kind Fit Chicken


I am currently preparing for a craft market and an Art trail so I'm pretty busy as you can imagine. So it's helpful to have easy recipes that you can prepare early in the morning and just stick in the oven when needed. This gives me the day to concentrate on my art and feel confident I can get dinner ready easily and quickly. 

Healthy KFC - Kind Fit Chicken

I love the taste of KFC but hate the fact all the coating is on the skin and of course it's fried, so how happy was I to find a recipe for a similar coating that I could bake in the oven. I have changed it slightly for our taste and suggest it's covered for the first part of the cooking to keep the chicken succulent. 

Well I promised you a recipe so here is one of my favourites, a healthy baked chicken with a coating most people will recognise a certain Colonel makes. All you need is 1 egg, flour and of course the Herbs and Spices mentioned below.

Spice & Herb mix

2/3 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Tarragon
1/3 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Onion granules
1 tsp Celery salt
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Dried Mustard
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Ground ginger
2 tsp White pepper

METHOD

First mix the Spices & Herbs
 - Once mixed this can be stored with your spices as its all dried ingredients.

Make the Coating
 - Add 1 table spoon of the spice and herb mix to 50g of plain flour and mix well
     (This is enough for 6 chicken thighs)

Prepare and coat the Chicken
 - Take all the skin off the chicken, dip in beaten egg then the coating.

Cover and bake in Oven
 - Cover chicken with tin foil and cook for 15 min in oven 175ºc

Crisp the Chicken
 - Remove tin foil and continue baking for approx 10-15 mins until the chicken is fully cooked 

I usually serve it with a salad, jacket potato which I microwave and finish cooking in the oven with the chicken and a fat free and no added sugar yogurt dip. I use Total yogurt mixed with salt, lemon juice, Onion granules, thyme and Garlic salt. (about a pinch of each)
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do

Do you have a healthy homemade recipe for a famous take out?
Subway cookies? Costa low calorie Muffins? Indian dhal?
Then comment below, I would love to try them.

love and light peeps
dbee x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review