Most expensive roast dinner ever



We recently went to one of our favourite restaurants, the award winning ‘Sams at 33’ for a Sunday roast. These two roast dinners must have been the most expensive roasts we have ever had at a whopping cost of over £200. And a pretty cringeworthy moment during our Christmas dinner. 

Let me explain.... Every month we like to go out for a roast dinner, and the best one we know in calm surroundings of the Denvilles club with lovely staff  is ‘Sams at 33’. Sam is the Chef and his Sister Danielle is the Head waitress and what a lovely team they make. Nothing is too much trouble and they are always welcoming. So there we were just a couple of weeks before Christmas enjoying our roast beef dinners when Chef popped over and said hi to us. I exclaimed how surprised I was to see he was working Christmas Day but not surprised to hear he was fully booked within days of offering a Christmas Day dinner. 

“That’s a shame,” I stated, “We may have been interested”

“I will fit you two in if you want to come along too” he kindly replied. And as soon as I saw the six course menu my mouth stated drooling! So my lovely husband David suggested we take the Chef up on his kind offer and booked us in straight away. It was at that moment we realised we had not renewed our membership for the club which we did there and then. 

Danielle and Chef Sam with their recent award

So to recap, we were there for a Sunday roast and ended up paying for our two roast dinners, our memberships and two Christmas dinners which came to over £200! Now that was probably the most expensive Sunday roasts we have ever had! Lol

So today I was so very great full I wasn’t cooking as I’m getting over a cold, and cooking a Christmas feast was the last thing I wanted to do. The weather was gorgeous so we were able to stroll down to the club in less than 30 mins and enjoy an aperitif prior to our meal, and what a meal it was. I wish I had taken some pictures to share with you but it looked and smelt so delicious I just tucked straight in. 

Leak and potato soup with truffle oil and parsnip crisp in espresso cups was inspired. 
Ham hock with egg and prawn cocktail starters sound classic but they both had a twist, and were delicious. 
Black currant intermezzo was more than a cleanser, it was a sneaky intermediate pud!
Beef Wellington and TurDucIn (A Chicken, in a Duck, in a Turkey) main meals were amazing! 
Affogato with Christmas pudding ice cream and a mince tart was a dreamy dessert. 
We couldn’t fit in the mince pies and truffles so Danielle packed them up and sent them home with us. Bless her! 

What can I say but the meal was amazing and such great value. If we are in the country, I will be booking our places for next year for sure. 

There was one cringe worthy moment in the restaurant. There we all were gorging ourselves on all this great food, and playing in the background were classic Christmas songs. One of which was “Feed the World” by Band Aid. Not a great moment! 

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed your Christmas Dinner too. 
Tomorrow we are hosting a Christmas dinner with my gorgeous Daughter and her family and I’m so excited. Christmas with family is always special. 

Until next time 
Love and Light Peeps
Dbee x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review