Studio Sunrise and Steam baked Apple cake

 


I feel truly blessed that this is the view from my art studio today. What a glorious sunrise and start to the day. Nature’s colours are truly magnificent and I know no matter how many times I try to paint a sunrise or sunset I will never be able to do it justice. My Australian sunset was inspired by the spectacular scenery in Australia. The moment I saw the Glasshouse Mountains in Queensland I was stirred to paint a landscape that not only captured the moment but the awesome sunset. 


But before I get to work in my studio today I am going to steam bake a cake in my new smartlid ninja. Seriously, who knew you could steam bake a cake? And with so many apples from my tree it’s going to have to be an apple cake. This one I created is a little like a carrot cake but with apple to keep it moist, (is it just me that hates that word, moist?) lol. I chop my apple in my Thermomix and squeeze out some of the juice, but you can grate it too. 


Apple cake

4 apples - chopped finely or grated

130g butter

140g light brown sugar

3 eggs

200g sr flour

1tsp baking powder 

1tsp cinamon

1/2 tsp mixed spice

Handful of sultanas

1 pinch salt 

Method

Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs slowly. Then add the rest of the ingredients except the apple and sultanas and mix. Do not over mix or the cake will be tough. Fold in the apple and sultans. 

Pour in tin with a cake liner and place on reversible rack in the lower section. 

Put 700ml of water in the ninja pot and put rack in pot.

Move slider to Steam Bake, set temperature to 160 degrees and time to 45 mins. Press start/stop and when cooking stops test with a tooth pick it comes out clean. If not cook another 5 mins. 

Cool and a wire cooling rack and enjoy. 

I found the top of the cake was quite crusty, but it is delicious and dare I use the word moist.  

Now the cake is done I can go back into my studio and finish my wave painting, but I just may sit with a coffee and enjoy the view. 

Until next time

X Love and Light Peeps X 

Dbee x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review