How to make Dbees Excellent Mince pies



First, make the filling...this needs to be done months ahead, but if you forget, cheat and buy it, just hide the jar! Add an extra splash of your favourite brandy to the pre brought mix to give it that “home-made” aroma. Remember to taste the brandy first; you don’t want to spoil the mix now do you?

No like sweet mince? No problem, use apple pie filling with a dash or two of Rum to make it your own style. Better taste the Rum too; you don’t want to spoil this mix either do you?

Then it’s on to the pastry, now what was it? Half fat to flour, pinch of salt and add an egg; Easy Peasy. Or you can just buy that too, well it’s the thought that counts and you still have to roll it out don’t you, or you can buy the pre-rolled variety from your local supermarket.

No rolling pin? No problem! I use a wine bottle. Problem solved. Now if it was filled with ice-cold water it would keep the pastry cool, but what to do with the wine? Just have a little taste and if it’s no good you can just tip it away. But this one is lovely so decant it into a jug! No jugs spare? Just find some cups and glasses or even a fruit bowl.

So where were we? Oh yes, the wine, just check it’s ok, oops, done that again, silly me. Decan the wine into the cups and glasses, fill the wine bottle with cold water, and roll out the pastry. Then use your cutters... No cutters? No problem. Just use a cup and a glass, I have to obviously get rid of the wine in them first...couldn’t waste it..its lovely wine.....Did I say that already?...I did didn’t I..... Mmmmm...!

Anyway using a cup and a glass cut out the pies tops and bottoms, (He, he, he that sounds rude) Shove the cut pastry bums (Haha) in a tray with upside-down bumps, you know, a dented tray thingy, a muffin tin. (Haha ...such a funny name!) Careful now need a gentle touch, just a quick scoop of wine from the fruit bowl should steady my hands. This is really great wine, now where did I get it?

Fill the bum bases (Ha ha ha, it's still funny) with the mince mix stuff, (and I now I've got topless pies He, he, he.) slap on the tops, and tip some milk on their heads. DONE! 

Slurp the last of the wine from the fruit bowl of ‘Luuuuvvve’ (haha, don’t want to dehydrate do you?) And throw the little buggers in the preheated oven. You did turn it on at the start, didn’t you? 

Dam! 

Right... There is a little supermarket near me that delivers you know! Hey, I remember they do that lovely bottle of wine, I wonder if they have any left, it’s soooo good. I’ll just ring & ask.

“Hello? ...Got any of that yummy Rose? No, I don’t know the name and cannot read the label it’s sort of blurry and covered in pastry, but it’s the one with the horse of the front, or is it a fish?...”

What a result, one case left and it’s on its way....Sorted!!!

Double Dam.... I forgot to order the mince pies!

Merry Christmas and Happy ‘Hic’ cooking everyone!


Until next time
Love and Light
stay safe
dbee x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review