The Happy Hydrating H2O cycle




This is a waterfall I painted using Chinese ink on rice paper for my Husbands birthday a few years ago. The picture above is a 'work in progress' and took many hours layering the ink in different shades to give the illusion of the mountains in the distance and the water crashing down not the rocks below. 

We are all advised to drink more water, but it's easier said than done for some, especially for me and my menopausal fog. I simply forget to drink water until I am really dehydrated, and by then my hands and lips are dry so it's a bit too late. So this year I am finding ways to remind myself to stay hydrated, by choosing daily events which will prompt me to drink more.

Firstly - Wake up call
 In the morning as soon as I get up I drink a glass of water. It's an easy habit for me to get into as I always take a glass of water to bed, so it's there ready for me in the morning.
Check!

Secondly - Minty fresh
 Drinking a glass each time I brush my teeth .... another intake of water with my minty fresh breath.
Check!

Thirdly - A happy hydrating H2O cycle
 After every visit to the loo..... yet another glass of water. This way I am hoping water intake will increase .... the more I drink .... the more I will visit the loo.... so the more I drink.... Hopefully causing a happy hydrating H2O cycle!
Check!

Fourthy - Is fourthy an actual word??
 Including little sips of water and other beverages throughout the day, these little changes should help me reach at least the minimum amount we are advised to drink daily.
Check!

Lastly - A Smartie Pants
 But remembering how many glasses have been drunk is always difficult so I came up with a plan that's so sweet, its a smart idea, making me a 'Smartie Pants' LOL. By putting 10 mini Smarties in a little dish and treating myself to one each time I top up my glass, I will know how many glasses of water I have drunk, and I get a little 'well done' treat each time.
Checkity Check!

 

So this is the new and improved glass guzzling me. And I'm hoping these little improvements will help me drink at least 9 cups of water a day, (as suggested by Life Hacker) to flush any toxins out of my system, keep infections away and ensure me and my skin stay hydrated and gorgeous. 

You got any hydrating tips?
Let me know

Love and Light Peeps
dbee x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review