One year on


Well its been a whole year since I endured a facial bone graft to rectify my cleft pallet. Its been a long and slow journey and I'm pleased to say the awful infection that damaged my initial bone grafts has not returned. (Touch wood!!!) I felt so ill for so long, over 4 years in fact, that I had forgotten what it was like to feel well, from total exhaustion all the time to my skin being too painful to touch. Now I am so happy to say I have nearly forgotten how ill I felt as I feel so full of energy again. Although it is still difficult to eat normally as my mouth still feels a little numb in places, it is all gradually coming back and have hope that the feeling in my mouth will fully return in time.  This painting above is called 'Contemplation Journey 1' and was purchased during my 6 week solo art exhibition "Lost and Found"  held in Penang, Malaysia at the gHotel. It is watercolour and ink on rice paper and I feel it shows my slow uphill journey back to health. I still find it so wonderful to know it is Canada on it's new owners wall being enjoyed by people I have never met. 


Talking of health, this painting 'Noodle Soup' is my own recipe in a painting. If you follow it you can cook this in under 15 minutes. However 12 minutes is my record time using my Thermomix.

Noodle Soup

- Put some noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water.
- In TMX chop onion, carrot, ginger, red pepper and garlic with a drop of oil and sauté on varoma, ss, rev for 4 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and the noodles and cook on 100ºc, ss, rev for 3 mins.
- Add the quartered tomato and flavourings to the TMX and cook for 2 mins 100ºc, ss, rev, for 3 mins

Very tasty, super healthy and vegan, but you can always add some cooked chicken at the beginning, just make sure it is thoroughly heated through before serving, or some tofu at the end. Easily cooked in the Thermomix but just as easy in a pan. 

Slurp with enjoyment knowing every spoonful is a healthy spoonful!

Love and Light Peeps
dbee x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review