International Womens day


Happy International Women's Day, ok I'm a day late, but better late then never eh? Why March 8th you may wonder? Thank goodness for Wikipedia! Click here to find out more.

Sometimes we need to remember us girls are awesome in our own right. No matter what we do in life I know most women strive for a better life for themselves and those around them. This painting was for Chinese New year of the Rabbit portrays the beauty of a gentle being to the flora and fauna around them. Its title - 'Lady with Chinese New Year Rabbit' is painted on rice paper using ink and watercolour. Its a copy of a poster Phoenix Printers in Penang Malaysia printed in 2013 and one of my favourite paintings I have done.


This painting depicts a special friend of mine who is such a wonderfully kind hearted person who loves to hug everyone, especially babies. It's title - 'Hugs' shows unconditional maternal love and the beautiful Batik fabric used in Malaysia. 

I was wondering if there was an International Mens's day? 
Perhaps they should have one to celebrate what they are all about too. 

Remember.... You are all Unique, you are all Amazing, and you are all Perfect just the way you are. Thank you to all the lovely Ladies I know for being part of my World. You are all Wonderful Women! Continue making this Plant Earth a better place for us all.

Love and Light peeps
dbee x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review