The colour purple and wedding bells

This year I am attending a summer wedding and the bride to be has requested / suggested I coordinate with the colour scheme of the wedding. To be honest she didn't ask me out right, I think she hinted..... and usually I don't get hints, but I'm quite proud of myself this time and thought something was not making her the happy girl she should be, so after a little cajoling, as she is just too polite to just ask, she admitted she wants me to wear purple (only if I would like to that is), and not just any purple, the wedding colour is Cadbury purple. I'm also rather touched she has included me in the idea to join in with the wedding colour theme. As a step Mum its nice to feel you are part of it all and not an outsider. It must be very difficult for children whose parents have new partners too. Many occasions only offer 2 tickets for parents and that must be difficult for the children who want all the parents and step parents to join in.

So the beautiful blue dress I already had in my wardrobe for the event which was smart but meant I could happily hide in the background will just have to wait its turn and I will have to ........ GO SHOPPING..... ARGH!!!  Anyone that really knows me, knows I hate shopping, but I absolutely detest shopping for something specific. So I need to find something purple and I am informed by Hubby it has to be formal enough for a step mum of the groom to be. No pressure then..... Doh, I hate shopping!!!! 

Too dressy??

Rather than trudge round shops I thought to look on line when this little number above popped up. Too much do you think? I worked out if I ate all the chocolate to make this dress from the wrappers I would have to make it significantly bigger due to putting on so much weight.   ha ha ha

So I'm panicking and have been for months now. What do I get? How much purple does she want in the dress.... all of it or just a pattern? Too much and I may look like one of the bridesmaids, too little and it might not be what she wants??? I'm informed I'm not part of the actual wedding party which is a relief, so I am assuming I don't have to be too trussed up in anything particular, but I don't know what to look for....  What would someone in my position with all these requests do? .... ...what the bloody hell am I supposed to wear to please everyone??.... How formal? Do I have to wear a big hat and a 2 piece dress suit? Or is a skirt, top and fascinator ok?


As an Artist I often wonder what other artists are thinking or feeling when I look at their paintings. The Scream by Edvard Munch..... What was he feeling? What is the artist trying to say? What is the artist depicting in his subject, the person?

Well I recon the Artist has a shopping phobia and person in the picture has to go shopping for a Purple Dress, not too purple, but the right kind of purple, and with just the right amount of purple, not too formal as to be part of the wedding party, but smart enough for a step mum at the wedding .... Yep the person in the picture is me! 

That's how I'm feeling and have been for quite some time and will continue to do so until after the wedding, as even if I buy something I find suitable...... I will worry its not. And how do I know this? Because whilst clearing out some old clothes from my wardrobe I find I have loads of purple outfits. It seems I have a passion for purple I never knew I had. Different styles and shades yet not one I can say is right for the wedding, therefore I know that I will never find anything suitable as I don't know what to look for..... ARGH!!!

I wish there was a shoppers self help group..... or is there one?
Please do contact me if you know of one and rescue me from this Menopausal madness.


I'm off for a Purple cocktail. Purple Rain anyone? As made by Kelsey's Restaurant.

Love and Light peeps
dbee x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review