Oh the irony of today.....


Sadly unlike my Hee Haw Zebra, I was not laughing today. 

A couple of days ago I moved some paving slabs and dug out lots of plants ready for a new patio which, thanks to the lovely sunny weather, I made the most of one evening after one of my Emsworth Art trail days. I cooked a quick BBQ to christen it, I say quick, I had to make the burgers from scratch, but with my trusty Thermomix they were made in no time. The other 2 days of the Arts trail were tiring but I gladly enjoyed chatting to the visitors and even sold a few pieces of jewellery, T-shirts, bags, lots of cards and even a painting. Happy Days indeed!!

Emsworth Art Trail 2018

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning the pond which was exhausting but seeing all the fish happy in their newly cleaned home it was worth it. After the digging, the slabs and now the pond my back was now letting me know it was not happy. ....So many bucketfuls to empty the the pond, scoop out much of the silt and then so many bucketful from our water butts to refill it. I surely deserved the take out dinner and ice-cream at the end of the day!

But today was where I am cruelly brought back down to Earth. Now remember my back aches, my hands are sore and I caught the sun too so I have a little sun burn. I haven't stopped all weekend, I don't really sleep well,  so I'm now extra tired from all the manual work I have been doing. 

So this morning in my tired stupor I dropped a whole cup of black coffee on my beautiful wool carpet. Doh! It's just a carpet I know but I now have to spend an hour trying to get the stain out. (Sadly its still there)

Now I really don't have time for this as I have a Doodle workshop to give in a couple of hours and I have an allotment to sort too, but I scrub and soak in the hope it will come out. (Nope it hasn't she sobbed.) 

But annoyed with my clumsiness I get to the allotment in a rush to pick asparagus and rhubarb, net the strawberries and strim the grass which was terribly long. In my haste I got the strimmer caught in the bean netting, which it dragged it into the dirt and flicked stones up onto my allotment neighbours green house. Yup you guessed it, the glass smashed! And of course it's not a simple green house, it's a specially glazed green house with huge glass sheets...... I could have cried! I then had to spend an hour scooping up this toughened glass from the grass which isn't easy. 

It's going to be an expensive day, carpet needs to be professionally cleaned and now the special toughened green house glass.

Yin Yang Doodle

Luckily I have work today which is why I was rushing in the first place. And ironically its a "Learn to stress bust and Doodle to calm your mind" workshop! I must admit, sometimes your own advice is the hardest to listen to. So guess where my wages are going, and according to my husband, today's pay won't even pay for the glass!

Oh the irony of it all!!  On a positive note, tomorrow is another day. As you can imagine its been a pretty gutty day and I have been quite stressed. But thankfully my stress busting techniques have helped me through it. 

What stresses you out?? And how do you cope? 
Any advice or comments gratefully received.

Love and Light Peeps
dbee x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review