Is there something worse than shopping......?




Everyone who really knows me, know that I hate shopping. Not just a dislike, a loathe!! I not only find the whole experience uncomfortable but I have been known to panic and run out a shop. I wouldn't say it was a phobia or anything that serious. But sometimes it is a definite problem for me.

A recent wedding had me almost screaming as I just couldn't work out what to wear to please everyone, including myself. Eventually all was sorted, but I was having nightmares over something that should have been exciting and a pleasure. I was ok deciding what to wear to the wedding and had chosen an outfit, then the bride informed me she wanted the bridal party to coordinate colours and I thought that was a lovely idea. So I purchased dress number 2 and Hubby stated it was not formal enough, well this put me in a tailspin. I purchased a third dress, had it checked by Hubby and the Bride to ensure for their approval, but still panicked right up until the day of the wedding.

So what could be worse than this I hear you ask....... Well i'll tell you.....Buying a conservatory!! 

Oh my, it's taken over 3 years of considering, getting quotes, choosing styles, deciding on contractors,  how to move the pond with all the fish and wildlife and then how to manage it. Let alone all the years prior to this persuading hubby to get one! Now I'm having those panic attacks during the day and night over the simplest of things including; what if it snows (as you can't cement in -0 temperatures) how will the little frogs survive while all this is going on, (The fish are safe in a big container in the garage) to how will we cut the grass safely around it after it is built, the list of crazy thoughts is endless. It's completely stupid, but it's just the way I am, and I have learnt to manage it as best I can. 


As they continue to dig the new pond and the footings, I type my fears and breathe through the stress..... whilst looking forward to my new glass art studio. Knowing I will be able to enjoy sitting 'outside' and paint while in the warm is getting me though this. 

They seem a good bunch of fellas working here as they have been rescuing frogs which are jumping in the old pond hole and saving any bulbs they find for me to replant later, so i'm pleased to say my stress level is already reducing.


Well I must go and make them another cup of tea and do some doodling to calm myself further! I just might doodle a frog!

Love and light peeps x
dbee x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review