The big reveal...... or the woman with the indestructible face??


My Nanna and me

The Big Day

Today is the big reveal and I'm nervous and yet excited too. 

Nothing cosmetic here, just a bit of surgery to help me breathe, however with it comes at a price. Without full major surgery on my nose and all the risks that could happen, the price is a probable odd shaped unsymmetrical nose. Well I've had an odd shaped nose all my life and I got quite used to it. It made people remember me easily which could be a good thing. OK it could be a bad thing too but I'm grasping at positives here! My Cleft Palate now fully repaired after a serious infection recently and my breathing now hopefully sorted that should be it for me. One can only hope!

I had a little today chuckle as I used to tell a joke about a man with the indestructible face. It was a pretty rubbish drawn out joke with a stupid punch line but it's actually how I feel and every now and again I say the punch line in my head which makes me laugh, which inevitably hurts my face which just makes ma laugh more. Stupid eh? There is a similar joke on You Tube about a man with the indestructible head so just replace Head with Face! (view here if you have nothing better to do with your life) 

The Lovely Alice (aka - Wonder Woman)

The surgery nearly didn't happen as AXA PPP insurance were just stupid and constantly asking for my Surgeon to write them letters confirming it was a medical procedure and not cosmetic. Perhaps I should send them a before an after photo as I think it will shock them I went to have my nose made worse for looking at, not better lol! But thanks to Alice the PA to my Surgeon, who I am sure is Wonder Woman in disguise,  it all went ahead. Although not quite to plan.

My Hero - Professor Piet Haers

Now I say not to plan as what I thought I was having done didn't quite happen. In fact what my surgeon thought I was having done didn't quite happen. The 1.5 hour operation became 3 hours. The implants were scrapped and I have pieces of ear in my nose! (I feel another party trick coming along here) David my lovely Hubby was frantic and I cant imagine what he went through, he was so worried something had gone wrong. But no, my superhero surgeon decided a better way that would help me breathe and so thats what he did. He's wavered some of the fees as he didn't want to fight AXA and also wanted to get it right first time, and as a Quality Engineer thats what I want to hear! This amazing man with such dedication and kindness just blows me away. He truly is a super hero in disguise and a super man. I have been so lucky in my life with the Surgeons, Doctors and Dentists, and I am humbled by their dedication and expertise.

Professor Piet Superman Haers
Anyway today is the big reveal and I have my bandages removed and I was just thinking of doing the punch line to my surgeon. I am sure he has a sense of humour, well at least I hope so as I am giving him his Super hero picture I painted today. 

What do you think?
 Wish me luck......

X Love and Light Peeps X

Dbee xx

Note - For speed I used photos from the internet by: Alex Greisinger as inspiration for the Superman picture and 123RF for Alice picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review