Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper



Mr Pepper - Headmaster of Hayling School

Paid my respects today to the best Head Master I knew. He never made me feel I was just going to school, he made me feel like I was part of the school, part of something special and he always made me laugh. He was firm and fair but more importantly, he put children first, raising funds and spirits with school plays and the infamous Halloween Fair where we sold all the things we made throughout the year whether Mum and Dad wanted them or not. (I loved my Salt and Pepper holder!)

Today I saw, and also thanked Mr Robinson my Maths teacher for having faith in me when numbers just jumped around on the page. Mr Stretch for his kindness and Miss Edney for inspiring my art. Mr Hepworth Taylor for helping me get my Human biology O'level so I could become a nurse, (however I later found out I pass out if I see blood so that never happened)
Miss Drew who luckily forgot (or kindly did not mention) I used to find any excuse not to do cross country running. I even saw my old form teacher Mr Glenn who was absolutely lovely and has since retired and puts on plays, one of which will be at the Guildhall soon.

It was interesting hearing about Mr Pepper's life, and what moulded him into the man he was. From a Miners son, into the army and after being wounded, returned home later to become a brilliant Headmaster. I know there are lots of things I have missed from his eulogy but what a man. I always knew he was pretty cool, so cool they even named a Close after him.

My thanks to his family for sharing him, and of course my gratitude to Mr Pepper for his dedication to all who attended the Haying School, and helped shape me in to the person I am today.

Who helped shape you?
Until next time
dbee x

PS - Please don't check this for spelling or grammar....i'm in a rush!! ha ha 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review