Today was a 'Voice Activated Lift, kind of day




Today was a 'Voice activated lift' kind of day today. I spent some of my morning yesterday emailing a company that had offered 'optional extras' for something that wasn't really an option. And in the afternoon it was speaking to a machine to book a boiler service and being passed from pillar to post to sort a faulty strimmer.

Now if you have not seen 'Voice activated lift' then please do click on the link, it is one of the funniest sketches I have ever seen. There are other funny sketches like Deathstar canteen which I often recite when picking up a wet tray in a cafe (..'..This tray is wet..'..) Ok you have to see it to understand the humour! And of course the ever laughable pizza company question... 'Do you deliver??

The phone call to sort the strimmer was lengthy, 20 mins on hold to be told I had to redial a different number only to be told to redial another number was infuriating. Then to call that number and eventually told to return it to the point of sale. All because I read the instructions which stated I should phone a certain number. Tq to B&Q staff for sorting it in minutes.

The automated boiler service was a nightmare and eventually hung up on me. It at that point I realised the pointlessness of my efforts and gave up.

What was really hilarious, was I had training today and the trainer a wonderfully strong Scottish accent. I couldn’t understand a word at first, but gradually got the gist of what he said. During our tea break others stated they had had difficulty understanding him too. I smiled to myself and thought of the voice activated lift clip. Later we descended in the lift and I just smiled and said, “11!” And with that 3 others laughed and the other 2 looked weirdly at us grinning fools. The trainer was travelling in another lift with the equipment. 

It made all the hassle with the phone calls melt away and I smiled the rest of the morning and finished the training with ease. 

So have fun watching the clips and say 11 when ever you are in a lift and see who smiles.

Until next time
Love and Light peeps
Dbee x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review