Christmas Lights and unexpected presents


Well thats 3 hours of my time I will never get back!

With Christmas close at hand I thought I would put up some Christmas lights. After finding the box of dangling blue lights in amongst the multitude of Christmas tat we own, I spent a further 30 mins untangling them outside in the cold late afternoon. 

Carefully I put the instructions and detachable plug back in the box for safe keeping while I started to hang them. Considering I have no hooks or places to put hooks, the job was done in just over an hour and the only war wounds came from the holly in the garden and trapping my fingers in the window when routing the electric cable into the house. 

Light outside was fading fast, and with everything almost ready for the official lighting of The Shrubbery, all that was left to do was plug in the lights and enjoy. However I couldn't find the plug in the box, it has disappeared. The box had a hole in the bottom and with the ground covered in bark, and being the same colour as the plug, it was difficult to find. Not impressed as I thought I had been so careful.

It was not long before it was completely dark and the hunt for the plug was impossible. So I had to look with my hands, and that was where it all went down hill. The cats of the area had been using my front garden under the bayleaf bush as a kitty litter leaving me little presents. OMG the lights were so not worth this! When I eventually thought I had the plug in my hand, it was actually some crispy cold Cat Poo!!

Eventually I gave up and went inside treating my hand like a disgusting appendage until I had scrubbed it to an inch of its life. Returning to the conservatory to return the broken box to where all the other decorations were stored, there on the floor was the plug. 

A little bit miffed at wasting my time and handling cat poo for no reason, I plugged in the lights and switched them on, only to find they were broken. I had forgotten the most important thing to do with Christmas lights that have been hibernating in a box for a year, and that is to test them before you do anything else.

Thinking I had to spend the next day taking down said lights, I was pleased to discover a tiny switch I had missed on the plug, and once that was pressed the lights sprung into life and bathed the front of the house in flashing blue lights. Enough light to worry any driver that there is an emergency vehicle near by. 

Now I can go back to thinking about what I am going to cook or paint over the holidays, I just need to wash my hands again first. lol

Have you had a Christmas light nightmare?

Hope your Christmas preparations are going better than mine.

Until next time
X Love and Light Peeps X
dbee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review