My man of wax, forever and always, my hero

 



My David

No one is ever truly gone until the ripples they cause in the world die away – until the clock they wound winds down, until the wine they made has finished its ferment, until the crop they sowed is harvested, or the tree they planted has reached the end of its seasons and shed its final leaf.

The span of someone’s life is only the core of their actual existence.

My David has reached maximum range and gone below the horizon, and although no longer visible on our screen of life, I am so very proud to say his trace will always remain present in the legacy of his work, and by everyone who knew and loved him.

I will carry him with me always, as he continues to carry my heart with him. Not a day passes that he is not loved, missed, and remembered by me, and I thank him for the wonderful life we have had together.

He always made me feel loved, beautiful and special. I will miss our banter, my ribbing him and they way he made me laugh with his quips. His hugs which made me feel safe at the worst of times, his singing softly in my ear when we danced, and waking up every day holding hands. I was truly blessed when we found each other, and so very glad I said yes to going for that coffee.

And although I have to say a final goodbye as we scatter your ashes at sea amongst the petals and flowers from our garden, when I feel the wind gently brush my face, I will hope that somehow, in its quiet touch, my David is still here with me. Our hearts forever drifting together as dust upon the wind.

My Dearest David, sleep well, my love. I will miss you more than words can express, or my heart can bear. You are free to roam the oceans amongst the waves you love so much.

My man of wax, forever and always, my hero. 

Dbee xx

*Words a mixture of Terry Pratchett, radar speak and myself. 

Comments