There is a little Church in my heart....


Watts Chapel
We recently went to Guilford and decided to take the scenic route home via Comptom when we came upon a beautiful little place Watts Chapel and Cemetery, (if you can call a cemetery beautiful that is.) The pictures above and below do not do the the chapel justice, it's truly breathtaking inside and out! Even the Gravestones are artistic in one way or another with beautiful carvings or poems and some even have funny quotes. 

Watts Chapel Interior

The detail and passion in the artwork and carvings were inspiring and made me question my own belief which is simple, I believe in Human Beings. You don't need to go to church or temple etc to be a true Believer, Christian, Budist, Muslim etc. Just be a Human Being, my Church is in my heart.  So what is a Human Being? To me is is some one who thinks of others, forgiving, helpful, honest, kind, generous, etc, and puts themselves in others shoes, generally someone who does their very best at being a good person. It has no creed, race or religion as such, just a mindset to be nice!

I know many Christians who are the nicest Human Beings you would want to meet. Sadly I have also met some who are less than Christian, greedy, thoughtless and selfish. I am sure the same mentality goes for most Religions is one form or another, there are those who practice what they preach and those that do not. There are those who search out for Tolerance, Peace and Love and others who wish to impose their will on others.

This beautiful little chapel is the inner love of someones faith they have shared with us all in an artistic way. One would hope the ability to create this from their heart would inspire others in some shape or form to love our fellow man and be true Human Beings. 

If you are ever in Surry near Compton do go, you won't be disappointed.
Watts Gallery is close by too.

Much X Love and Light Peeps X
dbee x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review