Watoto Children's Choir

The Shrubbery Sunrise.

I know we all have bad days, but recently I had a particularly 'Blue' day. Even though the sunrise was truly beautiful that morning, and I feel blessed to see such a lovely view from my garden, the memories of this day just made me feel sad as February the 5th was the day my Farther was informed he had Terminal Cancer. Two weeks later he was gone and the hole in my heart has never really healed. So I painted what was in my heart that day, and with the aid of this beautiful sunrise, my Oil on Canvas 'Sunset on a Blue Day' was created. 

Sunset on a Blue Day.

Later in the week my cousin, who is a Minister, informed us of a special evening coming to the Cowplain Evangelical Church where he recently gave a presentation. The Watoto Children's Choir was visiting and was an event not to be missed. The children's choir have sung across six continents over the past few years raising awareness for their vision and much needed funds.

Watoto is a family of people from all over the World who are working together to ensure that the forgotten have a place to belong. They have placed thousands of orphans in families, empowered vulnerable women, as well as rescued babies and former child soldiers. Their aim is to rescue the vulnerable and raise each one as a leader so that they, in turn can rebuild the Nation. In over 30 years the nations challenges have changed but Watoto's vision has remained the same. 

A local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for the community.


The Watoto Children's Choir.

These gorgeous children with their beautiful voices were a joy to hear and their energetic dancing was infectious. However my dancing that evening was more like a lame duck than elegant swan and my voice not so sweet, but that didn't matter. Everyone joined in and everyone had a good evening. celebrating all the good work Wototo have done over they years. We were especially touched when some of the children told us their stories. The remnants of my Blue Day drifted into the night like the choirs happy voices and I felt blessed and happy with my life. I will always have a hole in my heart but moments like this help it heal that little bit more each day.

So I am off to paint something more jovial and dedicate it to the Wototo Family. Hopefully it may even raise them a few more pennies. If you would like to support them are are many ways you can. Visit their website for more information.

Until next time,
X Love and Light Peeps X
dbee x

PS - Remember to subscribe to my Blog so you get notified of future posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review