Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review


Having had my Ninja Foodi MAX 15-in-1 SmartLid Multi-Cooker with Smart Cook System 7.5L for a week or so now and feel I am able to to give it some sort of review. 


I have cooked a few meals, cakes and bread in it and pretty much pleased. The Steam Bake function makes my cake and bread fluffy and, dare I say the word, moist. I have also tried to cook crispy kale and to be perfectly honest i’m not so sure it’s worth the effort, as it took quite some time to pick out all the crispy kale from the fan in the lid. 


The steam function was interesting too, as the vegetables were eventually cooked taking twice the time started in the manual, and the veg was charred. Not sure if that was meant to happen, but certainly not what I expected steam meal to be. But I may have used the wrong setting. 


I must also add I have used my Ninja to reheat meals by heating them fast in the pot using the sauté function and then switching to slow cook. I checked with a cooking probe that the meal was above 80 degrees so feel pretty confident this is a safe method for me.  


So my latest escapade is my apple cake with a twist, I added coco powder and chocolate chips. Oh my it’s a definite hit and will be my ‘go to’ cake in the future! 


If you want the recipe for any of the above then just check out my ‘Older Posts’ section. 

Overall I am very pleased with this Ninja with the smartlid and tomorrow I am going to try and cook KFC and fries using the Airfry function…. Ohhh err wish me luck. 

And as for the bamboo, well I am currently practicing painting bamboo on rice paper, similar to my ‘Black and White Cat with Bamboo, which is proving to be as much as a challenge as my Ninja.

If you have a Ninja, any advice or recipes would be appreciated in the comments below. 

Well until next time peeps

Stay safe

X Love and Light Peeps X 

Dbee x

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper