Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

 

I have found it quite difficult to find recipes for this new machine, even the recipe book is a bit confusing so thought I would have a Julie moment and post a recipe a day on my blog.  What is a Julie moment? It is from that fabulous film 'Julie & Julia' where Julie recreates recipes from Julia's cookbook and blogs about it. It's a great film and if you haven't seen it already give it a look-see. However please note Julie Powell is a great writer and to be completely honest I am not really a great blog writer, more bog writer, but I will do my best for you all.

Julie&Julia

First I had to clean all the parts as requested in the instructions. Oh my, what a pain that was and I was starting to regret my purchase before I had even cooked anything! After cleaning the seal in the lid I couldn't get it back in its place. 

It was like wrestling a mini boa constrictor through chicken wire while looking up under a car. 

It took me 15 minutes and a grazed knuckle, due to a sharp area inside, to fit it back in the lid. A good test I found was 'If the seal don't spin, it ain't in', which I noticed The Salted Pepper also suggests. lol. I can only hope that gets easier to remove and refit as it was pitifully annoying!

Seal not fully fittedNot fully fittedSharp areaSharp area

All parts cleaned and it's 'first use' pressure clean performed I was ready for action using my trusty Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi MAX 15-in-1 SmartLid Multi-Cooker with Smart Cook System 7.5L OL750UK 

I had to re-think my previous bread recipe using this new Multicooker so I will share it here for you all. With 2 smart kitchen appliances and of course my smart a$$ self, I will have to call it Smart Bread. Remember if you don't have a Thermomix that is fine, just mix as you normally would.

Easy Peasy Smart Bread

In this order put in TMX jug......

300g water
2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar (or 35g honey)

 37ºc for 2 mins at speed 2

Add 25g oil and mix for 15 seconds at speed 2 

Add 500g strong flour
1 tsp salt

*Optional - I also add half a teaspoon of Vitamin C if I have it as an improver

Mix 5 seconds on speed 7
Knead 4:30 minutes 

Whilst it's kneading prepare the Smart Ninja by putting an oiled large cake case in the Cook & Crisp basket and place it in the pot inside your Smart Ninja.

When kneaded, shape dough into a ball and place it in the basket. Close the lid and move the Slider to AIR FRY/HOB position. Select prove and set the temperature to 35°c and time to 30 mins. Press start/stop to begin the first prove.

While the bread is proving dont forget to add a little water to cover the blades of your Thermomix, add a drop of washing up liquid and set it to clean on speed 6 for 3 mins, then reverse 3 mins. 

When the first prove is completed remove the Cook & Crisp basket and add 250ml of water to the pot. Knockback the dough a little, re-shape it into a ball, and place it in the basket. Close the lid and move the Slider to AIR FRY/HOB position. Select prove and set the temperature to 35°c and time to 30 mins. Press start/stop to begin the second prove.

Once completed select move the Slider to COMBI-STEAM position and select Steam Bread. Set the temperature to 180°c and set the time to 20 mins. Press start/stop, note the display will show PRE for 15 mins as it steams, and then the timer will start counting down. 

When cooked the bread will be brown and crispy. Allow cooling for 20 -30 mins prior to cutting.... if you can!

CHANGES - I usually add 2 tbsp of seeds, 1 tbsp chopped nuts, and sometimes also 1 tbsp fruit and a tsp of cinnamon when adding the flour. Or instead of fruit add sun-dried tomatoes, olives and herbs.


Easy Peasy Smart Bread


Wow, what can I say but a beautiful crusty loaf is sitting on the side of my kitchen, the house smells divine, and I had to hold myself back from devouring it there and then all smothered in butter. That's the bread, not me. ha ha! It makes fabulous sandwiches, after a couple days it makes great toast and it freezes well too.

Well that's my effort for the day,
Hope it helps a few of you Ninja Nubies,
If you have any recipes you wish to share with me for this new Smart Ninja then please do as I'm a Ninja Nubie too.

Until next time 
Love and Light Peeps
Dbee x


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review