Sunrise, another Ninja fail but what a beautiful start to the day.


Started the day looking at a beautiful sunrise from my studio, and I love sunrises, well, who doesn't.  It reminds me that every day is a blessing and makes me feel positive and happy. It made me think of a book I have been listening to at night to help me sleep. It's called The Little Prince and it's about a pilot who crashes in the desert and meets a little prince from another planet. It's pretty weird to be honest, but cute and the author was a French pilot who did crash in the desert and survived to write this story. It's quite a famous book and the narrator, Humphrey Bower, speaks with such a soft voice it sends me to sleep in minutes, which is great as i'm a bit of an insomniac. Anyway, the little prince in the book loved sunrises and tries to be positive, just like I try to be.

Anyway, after such a sunrise my day started on a positive note, and thought I would make a rice pudding with my glut of milk in the fridge. I made it similar to my previous multi-cooker rice pudding with a few extras including desiccated coconut and Malibu, but when it vented the pressure and I opened the lid ....... what a mess. The coconut had glued itself to the element in the lid. Although the rice only took 3 minutes to cook (+9 mins to get to pressure) it took 1 hour to clean. The desiccated coconut was stuck like glue. argh! Even worse than the crispy kale fail mentioned in an earlier blog post. But it did taste fab and will cook it again, but probably either slow cook only or pressure cook and let the pressure release naturally.


Even with the fails, I am loving my new Smartlid Ninja, but as there are no real cookbooks for this one yet and seem to be winging it more than anything. So I guess there may be a few more fails yet to come, but many more amazing meals, which will hopefully give me more time to paint.

Talking of painting, it was my Husbands birthday recently and this year for his card, I painted him as a stamp which is one of his favorite hobbies. I used my iPad and digital art pen which he brought me for my birthday, but rarely used as I have found it very difficult to adapt my art medium to digital medium. He loved the card and loved my using the art pen and iPad even more. OK, the picture isn't that great but it's not that bad either as portraits are certainly not my thing really. 


Off to cook some musroom soup in my thermomix now. At least I know how to use this machine!

Stay safe all
Love and Light Peeps 
dbee x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review