Feel Good Foods


Feel Good Foods

Its surprising how many delicious foods are actually good for you and help you feel good too. I think the eggs should only be eaten in moderation as the yolk is high in cholesterol, but its a great protein hit. Berries, Nuts, Legumes, Avocado its all easy to prepare food and so delicious to eat. This just may help me keep on track of my new healthier me project.

Breakfasts are always difficult for me. I love jam on toast, especially my home made jam. But now my favourite is my breakfast of Avocado and Tomato on brown toast, sometimes with an egg on top. 


I found this recipe on line, but I prefer my own which is just chopped avocado and tomato with a spring onion if I have it, some lemon juice, salt and pepper just popped on top of some of my toasted home made brown bread which is usually full of nuts, seeds and sometimes sultanas. And of course a splash of Worcestershire sauce.....Delicious!!


I mentioned in an earlier blog post I have had facial surgery recently. This was because I had an infection in my sinus which took out my bone graft which I had done when I was a child to correct my cleft pallet. My body fought the infection but, unknown to me, did not eradicate it. Over 4 years the infection took away the graft, this is what made me feel so ill all the time. Exhausted, feeling nausea, and generally unwell all the time I thought, it was just a cold which wouldn't shift, or I was just old or at one point dying. It seems now it was a kind of infection in the bone poisoning my bloodstream and my whole body. I have had the infection removed and a new bone graft which I am so pleased to say has taken. I feel so much better some days I just want to jump around. yet Im still struggling with exercising enough as my painting is mainly sitting, but some days I just feel so much better think I can walk of hours. 

Well I'm off to the hospital now..... No not for me but I volunteer as a Scout leader for the children, who like I did, are sitting bored in hospital.

Love and light peoples and try to eat something that makes you feel good today.
dbee x








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review