Confucius say....



Confucius say, "Girl who eat too much rubbish food get fat."

How right he was. Its so difficult to stay eating healthy over Christmas, so many parties and goodies everywhere!! I have found something yummy and healthy though and it has no sugar or dairy but tastes naughty to wean me off those delicious delicacies that have been dancing in my mouth this christmas.

There is a lovely Fairy Food Mother who ran a '7 day shift the sugar challenge' a while back and shared some tasty snacks. (www.laurengayfer.co.uk) She shares lots of great advice and recipes. My favourite is her PAELO Tray (no) bake energy balls. Even my son in law loves them and anyone can make it including children, however you will need a food processor.


9 Pitted dates
150g mixed nuts ( e.g.. cashew, almond, pecans etc)
1 tsp group cinnamon
2 tsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp raw cacao powder (optional)
20g desiccated coconut (for rolling)

- Blitz all the ingredients (except coconut) until a large ball forms.
- With damp hands, roll into small balls and roll in coconut or press into a tray, sprinkle coconut on top and press it in slightly.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so and keep in the fridge.

I do make a few changes now and then as I prefer to blitz the coconut in the mix rather than coat the ball. I also use peanut butter as its always to hand, but I only buy the non added sugar one or make it myself. Sometimes when I'm feeling really naughty I will add a cherry or two, but very rarely as they are good just as they are.

Do you have a healthy recipe you could share?

Until next time
Love and Light peeps
dbee x







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review