Back on Track



Trying to eat healthily while you have flu is impossible if your Husbands idea of feeding you is take-out or bread in its various forms. And if he's out all day, well you just grab what you can and thats usually unhealthy as getting up is an effort in itself. 

There's not a lot in the cupboards or the fridge so its a case of making do! Hubby did take me shopping a couple of days ago just to get me out the house but I only managed to grab a few items before I just wanted to collapse. Today I'm feeling soooooo much better so i'm able to stand up a bit longer to make something tasty, I'm having a mixed chopped raw salad, beans and cottage cheese. 


It was rather tasty and the raw chopped salad was delish. Just a few things I found in the fridge; apple, cabbage, onion, cauliflower, carrot and some flavourings of mustard, honey, raspberry vinegar and lemon olive oil. Sprinkle in a few chopped nuts and seeds and pulse it in the Thermomix for 1.5 seconds .....a fab tasty raw salad to feed me some much needed vitamins. The beans will help with the cholesterol, the low fat, low sugar cottage cheese for some protein. 

Now I'm sure you are thinking I shouldn't be eating low fat food, but it is low sugar (same amount as full fat) and is the same in protein, it just lacks the fat which for me, according to my Dr is a good idea at the moment. My aim at the moment is to eat healthy fat but avoid dairy fat, coconut and palm oil, and fatty meat. I still eat meat but its very lean, and at the same time try to cut down on the carbs.

I may even get in the garden now which with all the snow was breaking my heart. I was unable to make a snowman and now I'm better its all gone. Boo Hoo!

Hope you are all staying fit and healthy.
Love and Light peeps
dbee x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review