Slow spaghetti and fast foraging.


I have an allotment which, now i’m semi retired, I can actually enjoy and get things done.

But in order to spend enough time down there to do all the things necessary today, dinner will need to cook itself, so Spaghetti bolognese in my smart lid Ninja with its slow cooker setting it will have to be. 

Spaghetti Bolognese

I set the Ninja slider to Airfry/Hob and set the dial to Sauté to cook 500g pork mince, 2 onions and 2 garlic cloves. Adding a chopped carrot, celery stick and courgette. (As I still have soooooo many to use up courgettes are in everything I cook at the moment even cakes!) 

After about 5 mins I added a tin of tomatoes, 300ml stock , 1/2 green pepper, dash of Worcestershire sauce, glug of port, 1 bay leaf, 1tbl oregano, and as we love spicy food I added come chilli pepper too. 

A quick stir and set the dial to Slow cook, Hi, 4 hours. Well that was simple and quick for a slow cook. 

We then stripped all the apples off the tree and stacked all the perfect ones carefully in trays and put them in the garage. Others that had marks or bruising are in the house and we will chomp our way through them in one way or another. 

 Note to self - wobbling the ladder your hubby is standing on whilst picking apples is not funny. (So he tells me.) I personally thought the faces he pulled was hilarious, but apparently it’s not a funny thing to do. 😂


On our return the Bolognese was cooked and all I needed to do was add some fresh basil, cook some pasta, sprinkle on some Parmesan. One taste of it’s delicious richness I was forgiven for my naughty ladder escapades. 




I made simple and fast apple turnover this afternoon too with store brought puff pastry which was a great thing to have ready in the fridge. Just chop up some apples and mix in a little brown sugar, mix spice and cinnamon. Pop it in some pastry and are following the pastry instructions. 



Having your own allotment makes easy peasy fast foraging. But a little cheating now and then with some shop brought pastry and a tin of custard is a little kindness we can give ourselves on busy days. 

Now to put my feet up with a delicious well earned port and of course ….. an apple.

Until next time,
Stay safe
X Love and Light Peeps X 
Dbee x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review