Best Buddies - Pressure King Pro 24 in 1 and my Thermomix TM5

 Best Buddies - Pressure King Pro 24 in 1 and my Thermomix TM5


TM5 and PKP 24 in 1

I have had a Thermomix for a number of years. Starting with the robust TM31 and moving on to the larger TM5 with it's cooking chips, (no not potato chips but electrical recipes for the machine), and later upgrading with the aid of a cook key, to online recipes uploaded onto my machine for total ease of cooking. It's the most hard-working thing in my kitchen.... other than me of course. 

My TM5 can weigh, cook, boil, simmer, stew, chop, mince, blend, mill, grind, knead, whisk, puree, and has automated white rice, custard and yogurt functions. You could also buy recipe chips for guided cooking which plugin to the machine for you to follow the recipe directly on-screen. And now with the use of a Cook key chip which links to the internet, I can download over 500 recipes directly into my TM5. What a team we make, especially during all this Coronavirus stuff when I am cooking all the time without even one take out.

The latest thermomix TM6 has new automated functions including Sous vide, fermentations, slow cooking, timer delay, auto clean, and high-temperature modes. But for now, I am very happy with my TM5.

There has always been a sense something else would enhance our unique team and I had no idea what it could be until I saw the Pressure King Pro 20 in one. And after a long time deliberating on whether I would use one or not, out comes the Pressure King Pro 24 in 1 and I was sold! 

The PKP 24 has 24 settings. Steam White rice, Basmati Rice, Poultry, Meat Stew, Soup, Fish, Multigrain, Chilli, Curry, Bread rise, Bake, Crispy, Risotto, Sterilise, Baby food, Yogurt, Poach Slow cook, Sauté and Sous vide. I am not sure why one would need different curry, chili and stew functions but I am sure there is a good reason which I may find out some time.

      

My first effort was to cook bread. I made the dough in the TM5 weighing ingredients and warming the yeast, then kneading the dough using my favourite recipe. (Within prev New Year blog - Lazy Git Bread)

   


After kneading in the TM5 transferred the dough to the PKP24 for proving (remember to oil the bowl first) and then with a turn of a dial baked it in the PKP24 too! The dough rose well, didn't stick, and very tasty!!

While all this was happening it gave me time to do a little more work to my second painting of Buddha Guan Yin, Goddess of Mercy. Chinese ink and Watercolour on Rice paper. 



Time for me to finish the painting and even frame it.

I will also add it to my online gallery and shops where you can print my artwork on anything from clothing to tables, bags to jigsaws!! You can even go on my youtube channel and learn how to doodle yourself. All Links below.

Well until next time
Stay safe x
Dbee

Website and Gallery:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review