Pressure king pro 24 in 1 and Thermomix make the easiest tastiest bread ever, and a super-fast pina colada microwave sponge

Pressure king pro 24 in 1 and Thermomix make the easiest tastiest bread ever and a super-fast pina colada microwave sponge

 I wouldn't say I love cooking, but I do love eating. And anything that can make my life easier, and tastier works for me. So I have a small Microwave, a Thermomix (TM5) with a cook key, and a Pressure king pro 24 in 1 (PKP). Today I made Olive, sundried tomato, and red pepper bread with herbs and seeds, and after watching the Great British Bake Off (GBBO) cooking last night I had to make a pineapple upside-down cake. And as I had to make dinner too it was a busy day in the kitchen for me. 

First I made the Hairy bikers low-calorie Sweet and Sour Chicken for lunch using my PKP by pressure for 15 mins cooking using the chicken setting. It was delicious and wasn't too sweet, and the vegetables did not disintegrate as they sometimes do when I slow cook. 

Then, because of the GBBO, and I had half a can of pineapple leftover, from the sweet and sour chicken, using my TM5 I made the Pina-Colada sponge and cooked it in the microwave in 5 minutes. A fluffy coconut and pineapple sponge with a hint of banana topped with cherries. Or perhaps I mean bottomed with cherries as you have to turn it upside down. Ha Ha. 

Then I made a custard to go with the sponge and drooled until hubby got home for lunch. It was so very light and I could taste all the lovely flavors as none overpowered the other!! (Contact me in the comments section below if you want the recipe)

Straight after lunch, it was time to make the bread using my TM5 and PKP, (Click here for details from a previous blog), and this time I thought I would bake a savory Olive, sundried tomato, and red pepper bread with herbs and seeds. I use my tried and tested basic 'Lazy Git' recipe and tweak it either sweet or savory which I have posted in an earlier blog. Click here to view the basic recipe. Due to the extra oil in the sundried tomato, the dough was a little wet so I had to add an extra 50g of flour. I also accidentally let it prove a little longer than normal so was a little worried I had over proved it. 

When it was finally baked and I lifted the lid and was pleasantly surprised all was well. In fact, it was better than ever, the loaf was huge and light and made the best ham sandwiches ever! 

But that may not be a great thing because we ate too much of it. So all the calories saved on the low calorie sweet and sour, we regained eating more bead. DOH!!


Now the best part of having these appliances is that I can cook great food and still get on with things I love doing, and I was able to finish the inking of this painting of 'Quan Yin - The Goddess of Mercy' on rice paper. 

Do give the recipes a go and let me know how you get on. 

Until next time
X Love and Light Peeps X
dbee x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread in my Thermomix and my new Ninja Foodi Smart lid

Good bye and Thank you Mr Pepper

Bamboo, Chocolate cake and Ninja review